How to Repair Pexgol (PE-Xa) Pipes
If repairing a small hole (5 cm diameter or less):
- Uncover the pipe as far as 2 meter along and 0.5 meters below
- Clean soil from the pipe carefully and ensure there are no scratches beyond the area of repair.
- Use a Pexgol-supplied repair fitting or a branch-off saddle.
- If repairing a vertically installed pipeline (e.g. dewatering line), protect the fitting by using a fixpoint bridge.
- Improper excavation can damage Pexgol pipes.
If replacing a pipe section due to a large hole:
- Uncover the pipe as far as 3 meters along and 0.5 meters below.
- Cut out the damaged pipe section and replace it with a new section.
- Usually, the maximum section length that needs to be replaced is shorter than 1 meter in length.
- The following tools will be used to connect the new section:
- 2 electrofusion repair couplers
- 4 Pexgol flanged couplings
- 2 Plasson mechanical couplers (for pipes up to 160mm)
- Only trained Pexgol technicians are authorized to perform these repairs.
- Use common squeeze-off techniques to stop water flow.
- For vertical installation (e.g. dewatering lines), a fixpoint bridge must be used to secure the pipe before cutting the pipe.